Welcome to the Corinthian Yacht Club of Tacoma [s2Get constant=”S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_DISPLAY_NAME” /]
We encourage you to make the best use of your membership and participate in the many activities we have to offer. This letter is to give you a reference to what our club is about, and how to access information throughout the year.
We have five ways of communication to learn about upcoming races, cruises and social events.
- CYCT website (cyct.com): This is the great tool to access our racing and cruising calendars and to purchase CYCT logo merchandise and to read The current or archived copies of the Mainsheet. Additionally, we have content that ispassword protected and available to members only including an online membership roster, a member's forum to look for crew or a boat, specific areas with resources for crew members and boat owners and more content and tools coming all the time. The web site is also where racing results are posted.
- CYCT Facebook Group: This group is a closed group available to members only. This is a place where our sailors connect with social events, cruises, or seeking advice and assistance about sailing! If you choose to be a part of this group, please let the membership chair know and you will be added!
- The Mainsheet: This is our monthly online newsletter published online. It includes upcoming events, and articles from other sailors. A fun read!
- General Meetings. We host a monthly meetings the second Monday of each month at Johnny’s in Fife (Sept-May) and at the CYCT clubhouse Tyee Marina (June-Aug). Members come at six to enjoy dinner with each other before starting the meeting at 7. The meetings at Johnny’s includes a special guest speaker each month related to sailing the Puget Sound.
- Email Mailing List: Periodically we send out emails to our membership with information about upcoming events, event reminders and how-to features.
Our club sponsors multiple races throughout the year, with Wednesday Windseekers being our most popular. Windseekers is perfect for the beginner and seasoned racer! We have a PHRF rater in our club that would be happy to rate your boat if you choose, but is not necessary for racing most of our races. Many of our members also participate in multiple regattas along the west coast.
Cruises occur 8-12 times throughout the year. We have cruised to places like Gig Harbor, Poulsbo, Des Moines and Penrose Point. These cruises are laid back, usually follow a theme, and host a potluck dinner one evening. This a great place to connect and interact with many of our members.
We have four large social events each year that we strongly encourage all members, boat owners, crew members and special guests, to participate in.
- CYCT Christmas Party. This event occurs on a Friday evening in December, and is in conjunction with our last general meeting the the year. The club supplies turkey and ham, and everyone brings a dish to share. In addition, we have a nautical White Elephant gift exchange, as well as a change of command with our board members.
- Commodore’s Ball. Our premiere social event! Enjoy an evening welcoming in our new Commodore. This is a semi-formal event, with a sit down dinner and a live band! Ticket information becomes available around November and guests are welcome to attend.
- Tacoma Yacht Club Marine Daffodil Parade Weekend. A fun weekend to join in via land or by boat! Club around the Puget Sound gather at Tacoma Yacht Club for a weekend of dancing, trivia, and the parade during the month of April. Boat reservations are made on the TYC website in January. You can help decorate a boat for the theme or flagship and join the fun!
- Seattle Opening Day. Join us at the Seattle Yacht Club for the kickoff of boating season! Clubs throughout the sound and Canada come for a party on Dock 0 before leading the parade through the montlake cut with hundreds of boating spectators! Some come for the day, others for the whole weekend! Reservations must be made in January via Seattle Yacht Club website for possible dock space, although there are nearby hotels as well in the University District.
As a member, you have opportunities to volunteer your time and talent. Boat members are eligible to hold a board position, and anyone can host a cruise, volunteer for one of the many committees and/or volunteer to help with one of the above mentioned social functions. Just let a board member know that you are interested!
Finally, take advantage of your new CYCT burgee and fly it proud! Most yacht clubs in the Puget Sound accept reciprocal moorage if the flag is flown.
Again, welcome to CYCT! We hope you enjoy everything our club has to offer and we are excited to see you out on the water soon!!